Student Fellowship Program
The GWA Student Fellowship Program was created to directly connect Georgetown undergraduate and graduate students to the leadership of GWA, and give students the opportunity to contribute to our organization’s mission and goals. The fellowship not only provides students with the opportunity to be an active member of the GWA Steering Committee, it also connects Fellows with GWA leadership and offers professional development and leadership opportunities. Fellows are also matched with a mentor in a leadership role on our campus.
Deadlines have passed for the Student Fellowship Program. Please check back next year for more opportunities!
Our Fellowship Program’s guiding pillars are: Leadership – Mentorship – Professional Development
As a Fellow, you will be part of a selective group—mentored, supported, and coached by the talented leadership of the GWA Steering Committee—to help drive the work of our organization forward and also connect our work to our student members, who make up half of our membership. You will also have access to professional opportunities and funding to support and grow your interests in women’s leadership.
The scope of the GWA Fellowship includes:
- Commitment of 15 hours per month working with GWA over a full academic year (August 28 – April 28)
- Attendance at monthly GWA Steering Committee meetings (academic conflicts are excused)
- Participation on a GWA committee
- Pairing with a mentor
- Development and implementation of a project of choice—with support from GWA—that contributes to the goals of GWA
- Serve as a contributor to GWA’s blog
- General contribution to the GWA mission to connect people from across Georgetown to foster an environment where women grow, learn, and thrive through support of GWA programming development, outreach and communication, and research.
In exchange for 15 hours per month, Fellows have access to:
- Significant leadership opportunities within the GWA, including participation on the Steering Committee
- Direct mentorship from a senior member of Georgetown’s administration
- Professional opportunities for Fellows to support undergraduate and graduate women’s leadership at Georgetown University through work in program development, outreach and communications efforts, and research on women’s leadership
- A network of leaders on Georgetown’s campus who are advancing the work of women’s leadership
What Can You Do as a GWA fellow?
Read about the Women on the Walls project by a GWA fellow!
Meet the 2019-2020 Student Fellows
Meet the 2019/2020 Fellows
Our four Fellows represent a diverse cross-section of the Georgetown experience and will spend the year with GWA leadership as they work on mission-driven projects and add their voices to the Alliance.
SFS 2021Learn more about Mia!
COL 2021Learn more about Eliza!
COL 2020Learn more about Tianna!
SFS 2020Learn more about Marie!
Meet Our 2018-2019 Alumnae!
CC Borzilleri (GWA Senior Fellow)
COL 2019Learn more about CC!
COL 2019Learn more about Shakera!
COL 2021Learn More About Ulie!
Katie O’Hara (HoyasForShe Fellow)
AMUS 2021Learn more about Katie!