Staff Mentoring Program
About the GWA Staff Mentoring Program
The GWA mentoring program provides an opportunity for early and mid-career Georgetown mentees to receive professional and career development support from more senior Georgetown colleagues. And, it offers a chance for mentors to hone their leadership skills in a supportive environment.
Between February 2022 – November 2022, mentor/mentee pairs will participate in structured and unstructured interactions. Each pair will commit to monthly one-on-one meetings, supported by a mentoring toolkit and stipend. Participants will also attend four signature events over the course of the academic year with the full mentoring cohort.
Mentors (advisors): Staff/AAP who seek to share their knowledge and experience to help develop the next generation of Georgetown leaders. Please note: mentors will receive a toolkit with resources on mentoring tactics and activities.
Mentees (learners): Staff/AAP who wish to continue their development as professionals through a supportive relationship with a more senior leader on campus.
- January 26: Mentor and mentee applications are due on January 26, 2022.
- February 11: The GWA Mentoring Committee will send mentees and mentors their match information.
- February 16: The pairs will attend a virtual launch event on February 16 (lunchtime)
- March 1: The pairs will attend a special event facilitated by Hillary Sale on March 1, 2:00-3:30 pm.
- Late September: The pairs will attend a leadership development event in late September (afternoon).
- Early November: The pairs will attend a celebratory luncheon at the conclusion of the program in early November (lunchtime).
Each month: Between February 2022 & November 2022, the pairs will commit to monthly communication via Zoom, phone, email, or in-person meetings. The GWA Mentoring Committee will periodically check in on the pairs to ensure their progress.