Staff Mentoring Program
About the GWA Staff Mentoring Program
The GWA mentoring program provides an opportunity for early and mid-career Georgetown mentees to receive professional and career development support from more senior Georgetown colleagues. And, it offers a chance for mentors to hone their leadership skills in a supportive environment.
Between February 2023 – November 2023, mentor/mentee pairs will participate in structured and unstructured interactions. Each pair will commit to monthly one-on-one meetings, supported by a mentoring toolkit and stipend. Participants will also attend four signature events over the course of the academic year with the full mentoring cohort.
Mentors (advisors): Staff/AAP who seek to share their knowledge and experience to help develop the next generation of Georgetown leaders. Please note: mentors will receive a toolkit with resources on mentoring tactics and activities.
Mentees (learners): Staff/AAP who wish to continue their development as professionals through a supportive relationship with a more senior leader on campus.
- January 26: Mentor and mentee applications are due on Friday, February 3, 2023.
- February 11: The GWA Mentoring Committee will send mentees and mentors their match information.
- February 16: The pairs will attend a virtual launch event on February 16 (12:00-1:00 pm).
- March/April: The pairs will attend an in-person leadership development event hosted by GWA in March/April.
- September: The pairs will attend a virtual leadership development event hosted by GWA in September.
- Early November: The pairs will attend a celebratory luncheon at the conclusion of the program in early November (lunchtime).
Each month: Between February 2023 & November 2023, the pairs will commit to monthly communication via Zoom, phone, email, or in-person meetings. The GWA Mentoring Committee will periodically check in on the pairs to ensure their progress.
How to Apply to be a Mentor or Mentee
Please complete the form below to apply for either position. The application deadline has been extended to Friday, February 3rd at midnight.
STAFF/AAPs CAN APPLY NOW BY COMPLETING THIS FORM (New window)