The Georgetown Women’s Alliance is excited to launch a small, pilot mentoring program for staff/AAP at Georgetown! We are excited to welcome our mentors and mentees for the 2016-2017 academic year!
The Georgetown Women’s Alliance (GWA) pilot staff mentoring program provides an opportunity for mid-career Georgetown staff to receive professional and career development advice from more senior leaders at Georgetown. Mentoring improves leadership skills and offers the opportunity to promote collaboration, goal achievement, and problem solving. Over the course of nine months, mentor and mentee pairs across Georgetown’s campuses will participate in structured and unstructured conversations that promote personal development, foster new connections between colleagues, and could help to create a pipeline for future leaders.
Mentors (advisors): Staff/AAP with 10+ years of work experience who seek to share their knowledge and experience to help develop the next generation of Georgetown leaders. Please note: at the program launch event in September, mentors will receive a toolkit with resources on mentoring tactics and activities.
Mentees (learners): Staff/AAP with 5-10 years of work experience who wish to continue their development as professionals through a supportive relationship with a more senior leader on campus. Please note: the GWA mentorship program may not be able to accommodate all mentee applicants in its pilot phase.
Mentors and mentees will commit to monthly communication via phone, email, or in-person meetings and also agree to attend three signature GWA mentoring program events: kick off (September 21), mid-year (January 10), conclusion (April 6). Pairs will be provided with resources, suggestions for conversation topics, and a stipend of $100 to support their meetings.
- September 15: The GWA Mentoring Committee will announce a small group of mentors/mentees who have been matched based on shared interests and career goals for the pilot program.
- September 21: The pairs will attend a launch event on September 21 (evening).
- January 10: The pairs will attend a mid-year event on January 10 (lunchtime).
- April 6: The pairs will attend a concluding event on April 6 (evening).
- Each month: Over the course of the 2016-17 academic year, the pairs will commit to monthly communication via phone, email, or in-person meetings. The GWA Mentoring Committee will periodically check in on the pairs to ensure their progress.