The Georgetown Women’s Alliance is excited to announce a unique leadership opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students at Georgetown with the launch of our GWA Student Fellowship Program! The Fellowship Program was created to directly connect undergraduate and graduate students at Georgetown to the leadership of GWA, and give students the opportunity to contribute to our organization's mission and goals. The fellowship will provide students with direct mentorship from the leadership of the GWA Steering Committee, as well as professional development and leadership opportunities through program development, outreach and communication efforts, and research on women's leadership.
Our Fellowship Program's guiding pillars are: Leadership - Mentorship - Professional Developmentand coached by the talented leadership of the GWA Steering Committee—to help drive the work of our organization forward and also connect our work to our student members, who make up half of our membership. Fellows will also have access to professional opportunities and funding to support and grow interests in women’s leadership.
The scope of the GWA Fellowship includes:
- Commitment of 20-25 hours per month to working with GWA over a full academic year (August 30 - April 30)
- Attendance at monthly GWA Steering Committee meetings
- Membership on a GWA committee and placement with a GWA mentor
- Biweekly meetings with GWA mentor, and monthly meetings with the GWA Student Fellowship Program Director
- Development and implementation of a project of choice—with support from GWA—that contributes to the goals of GWA
- General contribution to the GWA mission to connect people from across Georgetown to foster an environment where women grow, learn, and thrive through support of GWA programming development, outreach and communication, and research.
- Significant leadership opportunities within the GWA, including participation on the Steering Committee
- Direct mentorship from the members of the GWA Steering Committee, who are leaders from across Georgetown's campus
- Professional opportunities for Fellows to support undergraduate and graduate women’s leadership at Georgetown University through work in program development, outreach and communications efforts and research on women’s leadership
- A network of leaders on Georgetown's campus who are advancing the work of women's leadership
|March 24||Application Deadline|
|Week of March 27||Notification of first round interviews|
|April 17 - May 1||Interviews|